Plan an Event
Event planning can be a stressful task if you aren’t familiar with the various loops that you need to jump through to create the perfect event environment – you’ll need to consider every single aspect in order to get things in order, but that’s easier said than done when you’re under pressure to get things right in the blink of an eye. To help take the stress out of the process, professional event planning services such as ours here at Absolute Venues are on hand to ensure that your events go off without a hitch. In a corporate setting, the events that you hold or host will be a fantastic way to present your business in the most exciting way – depending on your business, you’ll be able to hold product launches, corporate aways days, large conferences, or even Christmas parties for your workforce, so it’s important that you have the right tools available to get it right.
At Absolute Venues, we cater to your business’s needs and use our expertise, of which we have over 80 years combined, to ensure that every base is covered when you’re planning an event – you can never be too prepared and the more thought goes into your plans, the better the result will be. If you’d like to plan an event with the Absolute Venues team, please get in touch with one of our representatives online or by phone today! Our knowledgeable team will be able to give you access to a wealth of resources and our huge venue directory to ensure that all the options are considered before you commit to the most suitable location, with a range of sizes, facilities, and price ranges available.
Below, you can find a look at the types of events that we can help you to plan, along with our top tips for event planning in 2021 and beyond!
What events can Absolute Venues help with?
- Awaydays – Corporate away days are becoming an increasingly popular event for modern businesses, particularly those who are based in an office location that isn’t the most exciting of places to be. With a corporate away day, you give your employees a much-needed change of scenery which can help them to become more social, more vocal, and more involved in the business on the whole. Whether it’s a country retreat, a relaxing spa, or any of our other stunning locations, you can be sure that your team will feel the benefit of a business trip away in the UK, Europe, or beyond!
- Business lunches – A business lunch is all about the wow factor; you’re looking to impress and that means that everything needs to be pristine. You’ll need great food, a great location, and a great atmosphere if you want things to be effective. For this reason, you’ll want to avoid noisy restaurants, busy cafes, and other bustling spaces where it’s hard to focus on business. Instead, you could choose one of our expertly selected lunch venues here at Absolute Venues. We have spaces for small, intimate meetings or large corporate meals, so no matter what you’re looking for, we can help you find the right venue for any occasion.
- Conferences – As businesses look to pivot towards a working model that incorporates more elements of remote working to give their employees the best work-life balance, it’s looking like the way conferences work will be changed forever. Where you once needed each attendee to be in the same room at the same time, it’s looking likely that conferences in the future will be utilising a hybrid model, which features in-person attendees as well as digital guests too. To enable this, venues will now need to ensure that they have the facilities to offer a full-scale virtual conference setup whilst also catering to guests that are attending the conference physically.
- Product Launches – When you’re launching a brand new product, you want to make a statement – whether it’s a flashy new tech product, a new service offering, or even a brand relaunch for your business, there are different touches that you need to add to make it a successful event. At Absolute Venues, we’re experts in helping companies to launch their new products with a bang, so get in touch with our team to discuss the options today!
Beyond the above types of events, there are many more that we can help you to plan with precision, including all of the following:
- Business meetings
- Corporate events
- Corporate events
- Christmas parties
- Road shows
- Team building
- Training venues
- Gala dinners and awards ceremonies
Top tips for event planning
Planning an event is equal parts exciting, daunting, and exhilarating, but the payoff at the end is incredibly sweet when the plan comes together. No matter whether you’re a complete corporate event novice or an expert with a string of successful events under your belt, there’s always things that you can look to improve on. To help put you in the best possible position to plan the perfect event, here are a few of our top tips to follow when you’re planning an event:
- Decide on a budget – Before you start planning your event, it’s essential that you decide on a budget for your corporate event. Once you have an idea of the money you’ll be able to spend, you’ll be able to start planning out the most efficient way to make use of that sum, which will probably mean deciding to trim certain frills to ensure that you deliver the essentials properly. Whilst aesthetically pleasing events look great, this is a secondary priority behind the actual purpose of the meeting, so it’s vital that you ensure you’re spending your budget on the things that matter most, not just what looks best.
- Set a capacity limit – Setting a capacity limit helps you to narrow down your venue search and decide how much money you’ll have to spend on the rest of the event. It’s important to remember that the more people there are, the more costly the event will be from every angle, so try to make sure that the events you plan aren’t too big or too small for the purpose that they’re intended to serve.
- What is the purpose? – The next thing you’ll want to consider is the purpose of the event and the goal that you’re looking to achieve – without clear performance indicators, you won’t be able to quantify how successful your conference, networking event, or product launch has been. This could mean that the event is seen as a failure, as you aren’t able to show the success that you have had. Before you book anything, you’ll want to have a set goal for the event and measurable KPIs that you can refer back to after the event has happened.
Expert delivery teams – Planning an event is made so much easier when you’re doing so using an expert events delivery team. With expert advice and implementation by your side, you’ll feel less stress and more excitement, which helps you to host better events that you’re in the best possible mindset for. When you work with Absolute Venues to plan an event, you’ll have access to venues and suppliers who are well-versed in event conception and execution, which ensure that your event is best positioned to check the right boxes.